It's too late for those of you who missed it this year, but the fair will be open from July 13th through August 5th of next year. Start planning now!Why go to the OC Fair? I usually go because it's something fun to do with friends once a year that's very close and relatively inexpensive. And then there's the food, but you'll have to wait for my next post to see all of that because there's a lot! Because of the Pioneer Day holiday in Utah, i was able to miss a week of school and stay in town so i had some free time to go with friends from work, Golda and Chris. And while we were there we met up with Kristine and her friends.
It was Kristine's first time to the OC Fair (she's been to others), but she was very excited and had a fun list of things she wanted to do, which included some souvenir shopping, riding the giant slide (i think besides the giant Ferris wheel, it's probably the only ride i'd feel safe enough to try), stuffing all of us into a photo booth and getting her fortune told. I volunteered to give her a Chinese palm reading for free (please don't ask me how i know how to read palms - let's just call it an ancient Chinese secret i picked up along with the massage therapy and acupressure). And of course, after i read her palm, everyone wanted their
palm read too. So much for opening my big mouth. Kristine and Golda still went ahead and had their palms read by the resident gypsies, but you'll have to ask them if the difference was worth the $8. I think i'll look into opening my own booth next year. "Yang Chou's Chinese Fortunes" or how about "Yang's Chinese Palm Reading"? I could undercut the competition, charge $6, and make a killing!
And we couldn't ignore all the animals there. According to Meredith, that's why we have fairs. There's a broad range of animals, from rabbits to elephants, but Golda and Chris weren't too excited about seeing them - something about the smell (i personally like the smell of fresh hay). So i dragged everyone to see the Alaskan pig races (what's a fair without pig races?!?) and afterwards we went through the tamest animal exhibit we could find - the newborns exhibit. I think one of
the most popular stalls were all the piglets - very cute. On the far side of the stall, underneath a wooden beam, i found the poor little runt hiding in the corner. Luckily the caretakers made sure the runt was being well fed and shortly after i took this picture they picked her up to hand feed her with a baby bottle. I think Kristine took a real liking to the runt - little Miss Piggy.
1 comment:
Hey! I didn't know you could read palms! Guess what you're doing the next time I see you?! ;)
BTW, can you believe I've never been to the OC Fair?? --MM
Post a Comment