They've been nice enough to take me in while i'm taking summer school at the BYU Salt Lake Center. Why am i taking summer school? I'm seriously entertaining the idea of applying for graduate school (MBA) and i didn't want to end up one semester and $20K into a program before i remembered all the reasons why i hated being in class. Why not take a class in Southern CA? I didn't do so well in one of my management classes at BYU (i think i would have done well had i actually shown up for it) so i figured i might as well kill two birds with one stone and erase that horrible blemish off my transcript while i'm testing the waters.
Here's an example of a familiar sight for me these days---the skies above the Southwestern US. Yes, yes, you still think i'm crazy for flying up to Utah for school. Oh, you didn't hear? Yes, i'm in Utah and staying with Jerin for the summer, but i still work full time for Disney (they're paying for school so i'm somewhat obligated). I fly to Utah Monday afternoon and stay with the Yus Monday through Wednesday for school on Monday and Wednesday night, and then i fly to So Cal on Thursday morning and work Thursday through Sunday. Fun! The commute really isn't that bad. No, really, it isn't. The flight is at most 1hr 30min, which is far less than some of the commutes people have to deal with on the freeways in California. If any of you are considering travel between So Cal and Utah, then I would highly recommend Jet Blue. They fly a very competitively priced direct morning and afternoon/evening flight out of Long Beach to Salt Lake City and vice-versa.
I spend a lot of time playing with Hiro. He sleeps with me when i'm there. Here's one of my favorite shots i snapped of him. Jerin was telling me Hiro's obedience school trainer doesn't like how he sits---kind of sloppy with his hind legs out to the side. I think it gives him character. The more time i spend with Hiro, the more i want to get a dog of my own. I've always wanted one, but my work schedule prevents me from buying one.Stay tuned for another update and more pictures from Utah!
4 comments:
Speaking of Dogs, MM & I will be retreiving Shong from her parents! They're moving to China, so we'll be getting the doggie!!
When are you going to get a dog?
Hey! We miss you man! It just hasn't been the same this week. Hiro DEFINITELY misses you. We've been keeping him brushed up on his tricks. Also, did you read the latest post on the swamp cooler? Yesterday it was 79 F in the house - wooohooo! You'll appreciate that. As for the car.... :P
Yo Seth! Just noticed you have a blog as well... nice to read your entries and catch up. I guess that's one of the benefits of a blog, you don't have to email everyone you know to keep them up to date, they can just get the latest scoop on your blog. Anyway, just wanted to comment on your 'arrangement' with Disney... I think it's a sweet deal... despite the hassle of flying back and forth. Actually my school program is similar in that I'm working full time and going to school full time so I know your pain. I'll post something about my Berkeley-Columbia Exec MBA program soon. Hang in there man and take advantage of those flights... that's when I get most of my homework done! PS Don't let Jerin con you into doing his housework for him... that's his job! :) Sean
Hey Seth. Living with the Yu's again! First our parents, then Jerin. Well, if you want to live with me and Aaron, you'll be stuck with Aaron's parents too, because we live at their house. Maybe you can live with us after staying with Esther for a while. =]
Post a Comment