Tuesday, July 18

Dead Man's Chest Premier at Disneyland

Here we go again...

On June 24th, Disneyland hosted the World Premier of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Everything was just like the premier of Curse of the Black Pearl, except bigger. The red carpet was longer, there were more media, there were more fans, etc... Even the screen was bigger---it's HUGE! And just like the last premier, a helicopter was used to install it on Tom Sawyer Island. Now look at this stadium seating (same configuration as last time except, you guessed it, bigger). You would never guess all of this took place at New Orleans Square in Disneyland. It took a whole week to set up the seating, and the entire time Disneyland still operated---talk about a logistical nightmare. I couldn't find a picture of the finished product (please let me know if you do because i'd like to have a copy), but seeing a 50ft widscreen portrait shot of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow will give anyone chills---it's an amazing sight to see.


So i hear all these people talking about how Keira is anorexic and has an eating disorder. I don't remember hearing anyone talking about this issue the last time. I don't think she's changed all that much physically. And just for a comparison, i went ahead and uploaded a picture of her from the first premier. Now you may look at these pictures and say she has had significant weight loss, but you weren't in her suite when she was getting makeup applied to her abs (two years ago) or when she was changing from her t-shirt and jeans into her dress (this year). And if my eye witness account is not enough to convince you, then let me mention the room service i ordered for her and her family before the red carpet: ribs, nachos, and chicken strips washed down with chapagne and coffee---that all sounds pretty normal to me.

I know some of you are thinking i'm all talk and you really don't believe my stories about meeting company executives, foreign dignitaries, celebrities, etc... You can say you never saw me in any of Keira's red carpet pictures so i wasn't really there. Our instructions are to stay out pictures so the truth of it is, the less pictures we're in, the better job we're doing. Here are some examples of me not doing a good job:







Where's Seth?








In my defense, of all the pictures and video that were taken that night, i think i did a pretty good job to stay out of the majority of them.

3 comments:

Jerin said...

Seth! I can see you in the three of the shots! MAN! You're FAMOUS! See if you can "Spot Seth." This is this ABC (<-google it) version of where's Waldo.

MocMoc and Rocketdog said...

Hehehe - I saw you E! Television's coverage of the premiere...if only for 1/2 a second. Good job, Seth! :) --MM

LaReen said...

I think I found another picture of you during the premier.
Copy and Paste- Is that you behind Mickey's hat to the left?


http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/4971/KeiraKnigh_Cohen_9183153_400.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Knightley,%20Keira&seq=30

-LaReen :)