I went to visit Tyler and Christine in Cleveland, OH. Now you may ask, "why Ohio in the middle of winter!?!" I wanted to see and experience a real Midwest winter. Y'know, the ones you hear about, negative 20 degree windchill, the Great Lakes frozen over, snowed in under six-foot snowdrifts, etc... Well, as you can tell from the picture---no snow. The only snow i saw during the entire trip was at the airport in Chicago during my layover on the way back.Even though i was denied my winter wonderland experience, i still had a great time. Tyler and Christine are great hosts! They showed me all there was to see of Cleveland (although there is almost nothing to see during the winter because everything is closed, but that's not their fault). They fed me well. Chris took pictures of almost all the food we ate and you can visit her flickr site to see them.
I'd have to say my favorite part was our visit to Amish country. The Swiss cheese we bought at Guggisberg Cheese was really yummy (the beef jerky was good too, but it dehydrated all of us for days). Happy cheese comes from happy Cows!
So today Tyler sent me a picture of his snow-covered patio and yard. Figures. I guess i'll just have to keep dreaming of my winter wonderland.
No comments:
Post a Comment