But i did leave the country. I traveled with Mary and Mom to Cancun, Mexico. I haven't had a chance to upload all our pictures and videos, but stay tuned. I'll have them up soon.Our hotel offered free sailing on Nichupte Lagoon, which is surrounded by Cancun's hotel zone, opposite of the Caribbean. How could i turn down free sailing? I was able to take out one of their Sunfish for a couple hours, although i wish we had more time so i could have sailed more than once. We had many activities planned and places to visit so i only ended up with one free afternoon.
Here's a little video i quickly spliced together. Please forgive the poor quality. I haven't upgraded my small point-and-shoot camera yet so i'm still using my 3.2 MP Casio EX-S3 in a waterproof case by Aquapac. You have to give me credit though---i was able to still shoot video while sailing close-hauled, hiking out, and holding the tiller extension and sheet in one hand and the camera in the other hand. My favorite part is when you can hear the centerboard humming while i'm on the port tack (about 1:20 into the video).
And in case you were wondering, the song is Christopher Cross' Sailing (1979 Grammy for Best Song). You can listen to the entire song in my projectplaylist player in the footer of my blog.
So keep checking my flickr for more vacation pictures; and remember, most of my pictures are non-public so you'll have to join and ask me to add you as a friend.
1 comment:
Yo Seth, you'll have to take me sailing one day. It so incredibly foreign to me, but sounds absolutely fantastic. Hey, we wanna go with you, Mary and Mom on the next vacation. You go on good ones!
Post a Comment