The reason i don't like Valentine's Day isn't because I support Singles Awareness Day nor because I don't like working long hours at our shop. I don't like Valentine's Day because of the flower that represents love at first sight---the red thornless rose. Unlike the red roses that grow without thorns (much like a seedless watermelon) pictured here, the red rose commonly accepted by society has a long vase-life, a long stem, and a large bulb with several petals. There are so many different breeds of
roses, with several new ones introduced each year, even Disneyland has its own breed of rose, seen here on the left. But with hardiness and size comes a price---big, thick, sharp thorns. So every rose that comes through our shop has to be hand-cleaned of its thorns.Do you want to know why our roses are red? Roses are red because of my blood!
When i tell people my parents own a flower shop they often say how fun it would be. If any of you feel the same way, then please, come spend the week before Saint Valentine's Day with us. We'd be happy to have you. And your blood can make our roses red.
2 comments:
I especially enjoyed Mary screaming in the background "I hate flowers!" Haha - that's pretty funny. Oh, the poor guy who thinks he's all special for getting her a bunch of roses. :)
"Roses are red because of my blood!" I was ROFL yet looking at how vicious some of these thorns are it is o so true.
Post a Comment