
Having said all of this, i must admit i have a strong afinity towards one specific player---Ichiro Suzuki. If any of you ever have a chance to watch him play baseball, don't ever pass it up; he is amazing! I'm not going to go into all of his amazing records and statistics, but i believe for all of his accomplishments, he is the most underexposed player in professional baseball. Meredith (she loves Ichiro) and i went to watch the Mariners play the Angels just so we could see him in person. And we weren't the only Ichiro fans at the game---there were plenty of Japanese tourists sitting around us, as well as some Mariners fans, who joined us in our "I-CHI-RO" chanting after he hit a home run in the 8th inning.
Unfortunately he didn't get any other hits, going an uncharacteristic 1 for 5 despite his amazing speed, but he did make a beautiful sliding catch just in front of us. I'm sorry i don't have a picture; i didn't want to miss the play by fumbling with my camera. Meredith and i left very satisfied with enough Ichiro memories to hopefully last long enough until next year!
1 comment:
Go Ichiro! Jason and I went to go watch Ichiro play in New York one time. He didn't hit any homers, but I think he had a hit every at-bat. The dude's amazing.
Post a Comment